Cellulite varies from person to person. As I stated in yesterday’s blog, it does not discriminate against thin people. It does seem to have quite a bit to do with skin, hormone levels and age. Research has turned up many foods to avoid when one suffers with cellulite. I have decided to provide you with that list, although I am not so sure that I agree with it completely. Some of the items to avoid make sense, some do not; but I am not going to argue with what research has turned up. I will however share my personal opinion for you to consider. It is my own personal belief that one of the most harmful foods relating to cellulite are fried foods. For that reason alone it probably helps me to stay away from fried foods. I look at fried food, immediately think of cellulite and say no thank you. Below are the foods that several studies have determined cause or worsen cellulite.
- Fish, salted and preserved, caviar, anchovies, sardines, cod, tuna, haddock
- Oily fish such as eel, mackerel, herring
- Some meats such as foie gras; duck, goose, fatty pork, stew, guinea-fowl, game, tripe
- Shellfish: lobsters, crabs, crayfish, prawns, mussels, scallops
- Certain vegetables such as broad beans, split peas, soya
- Dried fruit
- Strong cheeses
- Fermented cheeses
- Cooked butter
- Fried foods
- Condiments: mustard, pickles, garlic, salt, pepper
- Drinks like coffee, tea and all alcoholic drinks
Now folks as I stated, I am certainly not in total agreement with the above list. I in fact I consume many of the items on the list and do not have an issue with cellulite. But I will share with you that I vehemently refuse fried food and it is certainly not because they are not tasty. I simply decided many, many years ago that fried food and smooth, soft skin cannot coexist.