Psoriasis is like a red flag on the outside that lets you know your body is struggling with processing what ‘s on the inside. Remember, what you put into your body is directly affecting what you see on it. A clean digestive system is directly linked to clearer skin. To rid your body of psoriasis outbreaks it is recommended to pay close attention to your diet. Begin with a body cleanse, but nothing harsh or chemical. I recommend hot water with the juice of one lemon every morning. It is gentle, natural and you will not need anything more than this. Also, get tested for food allergies. While you may not have any severe allergic reactions foods that you know of, the mildest allergen should be avoided by people with psoriasis. A person suffering from psoriasis with an unnoticeable allergy to shellfish will exacerbate outbreaks each time they eat lobster. If you know what your food allergies are it is easier to avoid intense outbreaks.
If you currently suffer from psoriasis I also strongly suggest you avoid the following:
- All processed foods foods/drinks that contain chemical dies or additives.
- All dairy, even yogurt.
- Red meat pork is not a good substitute),
- Refined sugars,
- Alcohol (unless it is organic)
Consume as much as you can of the following:
- Raw fruits and veggies. It’s important for persons suffering from psoriasis to get at least 6 servings of raw fruits and veggies a day. To get an idea, raw fruits and veggies should make up 50% of this diet.
- Omega 3’s such as coconut oil
- Low mercury fish (recognized by their often smaller size)
- Water. Hydration is desperately important in improving any skin condition. The more water you drink the faster the toxins affecting your skin will leave your body.
This is a lot of information, but it’s a good place to start. In addition, pay attention to what you put on your body. You’d be surprised at how much you absorb. Aluminum free deoderants and fluoride free toothpastes are helpful for keeping body toxins low.
The stricter you are with yourself, the sooner and more effective the clean-up process. An important thing to note is that as psoriasis begins to heal it does so from the center of the affected area, outwards. The first sign that treatment is working is a small, red but smooth patch in the center of your psoriasis.
Let me see… YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT! Forgive me for a moment folks, but I must state how disappointing it is when I hear over and over that people see their physician regarding a skin issue and are not given all the facts. What facts, you say? You are what you eat! With all due respect to physicians that remind people of this very important fact, there are still physicians out there who do not. It certainly is very frustrating to me when I hear of someone paying a visit to a physician and receiving just medication or cream to assist a skin problem. Can we please start treating the root and not just the condition? Remember folks, beautiful, clear, smooth skin comes from the inside and only the inside.