Since we all love Top 10 lists, allow me to give you the top 10 reasons to incorporate an incredible spice called turmeric into your life. This 2,500 year old miracle spice was first used in India as a dye and, quite extraordinarily, studies are showing that it is far more beneficial than a dye. Please read on, and for goodness sake, add a little turmeric into your life…
Here are 10 reasons to add turmeric to your diet:
1. It is a natural antibacterial agent, and is useful in disinfecting cuts and burns.
2. When combined with cauliflower, studies have shown it might prevent prostate cancer and stop the growth of existing prostate cancer.
3. Is a natural liver detoxifier.
4. It may prevent and slow the progression of Alzheimer’s disease by removing amyloyd plaque buildup in the brain.
5. It is a natural anti-inflammatory without the side effects.
6. May aid in fat metabolism and help with weight management.
7. Because of its anti-inflammatory properties, it is a natural treatment for arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
8. Promising studies are underway on the effects of turmeric on pancreatic cancer.
9. Studies have shown that it might stop the growth of new blood vessels in tumors.
10. It can speed up wound healing and assists in the repair of damaged skin.