Here’s a fun one for all of you who are dating out there! Here is my top ten signs that you are in love list! Let me just clarify that this is for those of you who are dating, you know, looking for the one. This is not for those of you who have already found that one and settled down. Butterflies in the stomach can fade with time, I know that. But the kind of love you share when you have been with someone through thick and thin is strong and something to be desired and worked towards. Just make sure you find the right someone to grow that love with, and as far as I can tell, these are the signs that you’ve found just that.
- The 30 day rule: If you had just 30 days left to live, who would you want to spend that time with? Is the answer your significant other? If so-brilliant! That’s a great sign. If not, as I often say, head for the hills.
- Can you picture yourself waking up to that person every single morning? I mean every morning! Good days, bad days, bad breath, messy hair. If that’s the face you want to see before your coffee, great! If you feel like you’d rather wait until the shower has been run and coffee has been sipped, well you might have an even tougher time years down the road.
- How do you feel about his/her quirks? Do you find them adorable or do you just put up with them? Trust me, if they bug you now they’ll bug you ten times as much in the future.
- People laugh when I say this, but I believe it’s true. You don’t get grossed out when his/her feet touch you. I think that’s a great sign.
- This is the best test of chemistry: one touch is electrifying. I know that chemistry isn’t everything in a relationship, but for it to be long term you’re going to want some there. Sparks are a real thing between people. Pay attention to them.
- Love should not hurt, as the song would have us think. Is your relationship stress free? Now all relationships will go through some highs and lows, but if you feel your stress level is over-all elevated by your significant other as opposed to eased, well that might not be your soul’s mate.
- You should respect their principles. In other words, you admire what they stand for. If you’ve never thought about it, you should. That will make a big difference in life altering decisions.
- You should feel that there is something you can learn from them. I mean, there should be aspects in your significant other that you can look up to as much as you do your mentors and heroes.
- The person you love will change your eyes. Very few people look good 100% of the time, but the person you love will be attractive to you even at their worst.
- The last one may seem silly and obvious, but it’s true. Life is just better while the person you love is in it. You will see a noticeable change in your happiness level since meeting them. You will know that you’d rather not go back to life without them.
Listen, friends. It is important to evaluate your relationships. The right relationship will define much of your life. I believe that God has someone for everyone, but it’s important to wait and find that one perfect person.