Don’t be foiled by the foil. I’m serious, you might be surprised to find out that aluminum foil is A-OK to use. That being said, this is important so allow me to clarify.
- Many people tend to cover their roasting pans with aluminum foil, place food on and then cook. Not a great idea!
- Some people place aluminum foil over food in microwaves. Not a great idea!
- Really hot food placed directly on aluminum foil. Not a great idea!
Get the idea? There are many ways that we can use aluminum foil which I am thrilled about since I happen to love this nifty little product.
- Yes, it is OK to wrap your sandwiches with aluminum foil.
- Yes, it is just fine to cover your storage containers with aluminum foil. Especially when you can’t locate the lids.
- In fact cover, wrap and store anything in this nifty product except for hot food.
I simply had to clarify some fun facts about aluminum foil especially since I am not a fan of plastic wrap. I just can’t use the darn stuff. I am not sure if I am the only one who has trouble with plastic wrap. I like it, I can see through it, but I tend to wrap it around my hands and arms before actually wrapping it around containers. I guess I simply find aluminum foil easier to use so it was important for me to ensure that this great little product is safe most of the time. Just don’t injest it folks and you’ll be fine.