To all the men out there. Are there foods that can help you fight off illness and disease? Well, studies show that there are, so I’ve decided to give you a list; read it, try it and let me know how great you feel.
- Red cabbage, extraordinary! Red cabbage is supposed to ward off prostate cancer. Not sure? Well here’s a thought, it really can’t hurt you can it?
- Avocados…yes a fat, but what a fantastic one. Great for the heart, great for the skin.
- Oatmeal, oh you must eat oatmeal in the mornings. It helps reduce cholesterol and that is absolutely true!
- Raw nuts, did you know that centenarians eat nuts every day of their lives? Great for the heart, great for the brain and great for the skin.
- Kale, spinach and dandelion, oh my! What protein! What vitamins! What nutrients! What protein! They’re so great I could just go on and on and on. Just eat them.
- Water, drink, drink, drink as much water as you can. Did you know guys, that besides all the normal stuff you know about water, it’s also great for your blood?
- Flax seed oil or chia seeds. Well, they say these great little seeds fight cancer. I don’t know, but here is my opinion; great for the skin and great for the heart.
- Dark chocolate, what fabulous antioxidants! One or two little pieces of 70% cacao every day is just great.
- Oranges and grapefruit: Vitamin C, antioxidants, fiber…need I say more? Just eat them!
- Whole grains: barley, quinoa and brown rice: fiber, fiber, fiber; trust me you don’t need to eat things like fiber plus and fiber snacks. Eat from this good green earth and you won’t need to supplement more fiber into your diet.
Well guys, there is so much information I would like to provide you with. I find that sometimes health info or beauty info as it were is geared more towards women than men. So all the same things that I recommend women do on a daily basis, I recommend for you men out there too. For instance, coconut oil; consume one teaspoon every day. Fabulous for the skin? Yes of course, but more importantly, so healthy for your body. Guys, basically, I want you to remember to just eat a good clean diet. No gimmicks, no diet pills, no low fat, no processed foods. If it doesn’t have a mother and it doesn’t come out of the earth, just don’t do it!
Well a lot of men out there have many questions, so I will focus on men’s health for a couple of days. One of the questions that came in recently relates to testosterone and my opinion on increasing testosterone through medications. Well, I’m not really sure about medications. I do know that most medications, quite frankly would have me running for the hills. So the answer to you regarding medication, I simply don’t know. But, my son Ray also does extensive research and there seems to be some natural solutions to low testosterone levels.
The simple fact is that as men get older testosterone levels decrease. I’m sure this probably kills sex drive but in addition to that, low testosterone can mean low energy and bad moods. In fact, higher levels of testosterone help in the creation of muscle. So, since some of you asked about medications, I had to put a holistic spin on it and let you know there are natural ways to increase testosterone. I would like to point out that as an experiment my son Ray did try this for four weeks*. He did inform me that this is just too dang much testosterone for a 23 year old man. Of course I’m not sure if he said this in jest or not. So if you are in your 20′s I’m not sure if you should try this. I guess there really is such a thing as too much testosterone.
*Well, without further ado, these natural solutions are from the book, “The Four Hour Body” by Timothy Ferris.
- Fermented cod liver oil and vitamin rich butter fat: 2 capsules before bed
- Vitamin D3: 3000-5000 IU upon waking and before bed (6000-10,000 IU per day), until you reach blood levels of 55 ng/mL (please check with your physician).
- Short ice baths/or cold showers: 10 minutes each, upon waking and right before bed.
- Brazil nuts: 3 nuts upon waking, 3 nuts before bed (this is Mr. Ferris’ personal preference and does not recommend it unless you are deficient in selenium).
- 20-24 Hours Prior to Sex: eat at least 800 milligrams of cholesterol (four or more large whole eggs or egg yolks) within three hours of bedtime. Why before bedtime? Testosterone is derived from cholesterol, which is primarily produced at night during sleep.
- Four Hours Prior to Sex: 4 Brazil nuts, 20 raw almonds and 2 capsules of the fermented cod liver oil and vitamin rich butter fat.
It is really important that I stress that you check with your physician regarding all of the above. I simply wanted to give you a natural solution to increasing your testosterone levels. Low testosterone can hinder so much more than just your sex drive. Need to boost energy, increase muscle mass and give a boost to your libido? This might be a natural solution to gels, injections and medications.