So, time to focus on men for a little while. I was asked to create a top 10 list for men on how to look younger. Well for most of you who know me well by now, you might think that I will focus on food. Not so fast though, I have some pointers you might find interesting.
- Moisturizer, why don’t all men use moisturizer? Remember guys at any age, dry skin is aging.
- Hair, it doesn’t matter whether it’s gray, dyed or natural; just make sure it’s not too stiff…your hair that is.
- Still on the same topic, hair. If it’s in your nose, growing out of your ears or growing out of any place that it shouldn’t be, get rid of it.
- Your watch, make sure you have an up to date watch on. Invest in a cool, hip watch. It’s the little things that give you a young edge.
- The same goes for your shoes. They might be expensive and they might be classy, but try to wear up to date shoes. Oh, and make sure they’re polished.
- Yes, and you guessed it, your belt. Old fuddy duddy belts well, quite frankly, they just make you look old. Invest in a stylish belt. Trust me, people will notice.
- Alcohol, drink too much? Well I know you hate this but, it will age you. If you want to look younger, reduce your alcohol consumption.
- H2O! Increase your water intake. It will make you look younger.
- Pants, did I forget to mention pants? Wear them too high and not only will you look old, you’ll just look plain silly!
- Mix it up! Now this is important so pay attention…don’t be too matchy-matchy. Don’t look like you’re walking into a country club unless of course you are. And don’t look like you’re going out dancing with John Travolta unless of course you are. So how do you mix it up? The most important way for men to look younger is to create a certain unique style. This could be jeans and a khaki jacket or all black. You get the idea here, just not too matchy-matchy or you will age yourself.
Well, it seems I have so much more to say and I ran out of numbers. We’ll re-address this soon so that I can finish these thoughts. In the mean time… you have something to start with.
Allow me to share with you what I have discovered might be the fastest and most inexpensive way to achieving that beautiful, sought after healthy glow for our skin. Some time ago I decided to live a vegan lifestyle. I confessed to you last week that I have reintroduced eggs into my daily diet. Well I must confess my skin seems to be craving salmon which of course, more importantly, my body must be craving it. Before I became a vegan, I used to consume salmon almost on a daily basis. I have in fact decided to reintroduce salmon but not just any salmon. I want to share with all of you and many of you of course might already know this, but most of the canned salmon is wild Alaskan.
Now that we have discussed that it is A-OK to buy the canned salmon let me give you some ideas to do with it:
- Make a simple salad with canned salmon, extra virgin olive oil, fresh lemon and black pepper.
- Serve salmon over salad just like tuna or chicken.
- If you are craving a burger, why not make a salmon patty?
- Combine salmon with cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, olives, extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
Listen folks, don’t take this lightly, I am quite serious. I have lived for quite some time without my old staple canned salmon and I am here to tell you I have definitely noticed a difference in my skin. So do you want great skin? Stock up on canned salmon but please ensure the can says wild Alaskan salmon on the label. Oh, and please don’t mind the bones; they’re tiny, a bit crunchy and great for you. What’s that you say? You don’t like salmon? It’s alright, I always have a solution. You can achieve the same results from canned sardines and anchovies. Now I ask you, which one do you prefer?
Studio V Health’s Top 10 Ways to Look Younger…
- Have faith! Leave your worrying and anxiety to God. Anxiety causes wrinkles and a sad expression.
- Smile as much as possible. Do not worry about the wrinkles around the mouth.
- If at all possible, try out some bangs. Bangs always make women look younger.
- Never, never, never wear pantyhose. You have 2 options… Bare legs if you can stand it or with very short skirts, make sure you wear tights.
- Platinum hair is very difficult on women over 40. It is hard to pull off and tends to make women look older. Therefore, a softer, medium blonde is a better choice.
- The darker the lipstick, the older we look. Women over 40 should always opt for paler lipsticks in whatever shade or color they prefer.
- Wear very high heels whenever possible. They will make you look younger and leaner.
- Make sure eyebrows are never too thin. Thin eyebrows are a sure way to make you look older.
- Try to match your lip liner as close to your lipstick as possible. Dark lip liners make us look older and are just plain ugly.
- Drink as much water as possible and remember to eat Omega-3s such as salmon, walnuts, and flax seed. Water and these foods will promote a healthy glow and a healthy glow always makes you look more youthful.
Above are some of our favorite items for the youthful list. I would love to hear what everyone thinks. Please comment below if you have any great points to add and perhaps we will make a new list together. Please don’t take this list too seriously – it is intended to help, not offend anyone. So take away what works for you and forget the rest.