I figured it my be good to close out he week with some helpful tips related to health and beauty. You know, things that we don’t usually think about. I was at a beautiful bridal shower this past Saturday and it was quite beautiful. Anyway, what do you think happens when you get a roomm of 70 women together? That’s right, lots of chatter.
The following is a list of some of the ideas several of the women at the shower thought I should blog about.
- Hair, now this goes for guys and gals so pay attention all of you. A lot of hair is great for the top of your head, but certainly not on your face. Ladies…it seems there are some tricky little hairs that grow out of your chin. If that is the case please consider electrolysis or at least tweeze constantly. If you have facial fuzz around the edges of your face, there is nothing pretty about that, please get it removed. The number one best thing I can tell you about hair is check your eyebrows. You gals always forget how important it is to get your eyebrows shaped. If you do not spend any money on anything else, spend a few bucks here. Make an appointment with a professional and get your eyebrows shaped. You can not imagine the world of difference shaping your eybrows makes.
- Hair, for all you men who think it’s OK to have obvious nose hairs and hair growing out of your ears…it simply is not. For some reason as people get older hair begins to grow in funny places, please take care of it. Oh and yeah, what do you think those funny little scissors sold in drug stores are for anyway? I am not sure why this happens but definitely as men get older their eyebrows seem to get longer. Comb them and trim them. What do you think I used to do for my grandfather? I used to have him sit still long enough so that I could trim his eyebrow hair. If you can’t see what your ears look like for goodness sake have your stylist or barber check, they really don’t mind.
- H2O, water is something that I think many people miss. In fact I think there are a great many people who walk around dehydrated and have no idea. Are you tired? Is your hair falling out? Do your joints hurt? You might be shocked to find out that your sluggish symptoms are simply the result of your lack of water.
- I really mean this folks, we simply do not get enough water. Did you know that is takes 28 glasses of water to break down the chemicals in one soda pop? While most of you already know how I feel about soda, I really did have to put it into perspective for you. Drink up folks, you need water to survive, you need water to live and you need water to feel good. No, seltzer with sodium simply does not count.
- Why not try Sassy water? This is one way that I remind myself to drink water everyday. Get a large pitcher or any kind of large container, fill it with cold water; add sliced cucumbers, fresh ginger, mint leaves and sliced lemon. Oh you can’t imagine how glorious this is. Make Sassy water this weekend and get off to a good start.