I am in such a rush but this was so important it simply could not wait! I will make this short but sweet folks. Febreze, are you forreal?
I cannot be certain but I was visiting some friends this weekend and after being in their home for no more than one hour my eyes started to get puffy, my nose became stuffy and my throat scratchy. Signs of allergies right? Well here’s the thing, I did not know these lovely folks well enough to ask but I am pretty certain, and my nose usually doesn’t fail me, that there was a distinct smell in their home; maybe like Febreze.
Listen my friends, lest you think this sounds a bit extreme, please remember this won’t harm me. I became aware, therefore I did not stay long. My symptoms were gone within 24 hours. My distinct need to immediately blog about this is concern for your safety. Think about it, do you have young babies, pets or older people living with you? I know well enough that items like Febreze and others might really be causing us harm and I would like you to think twice before reaching for Febreze. Especially if you have young babies.
The “Environmental Working Group (EWG) has independently tested Febreze. Its toxicology report claims that Febreze contains several chemicals that can be extremely harmful not only to the environment but also to your health. According to EWG, Febreze contains 89 air contaminants, including acetaldehyde, propylene glycol, limonene and methyl pyrrolidone ethylacetate, which is toxic to the brain and nervous system. These contaminants are linked to cancer, are toxic to the reproductive system and cause allergies.”
I hope this makes you think twice my friends. Please oh please send this blog to anyone you know who may be suffering from funky allergies. In a hurry though, so this will have to do it for today. Tomorrow is another glorious day. Perhaps I will tald to you about pulling the plug on Plug Ins.